In collaboration with STAD Leiden, the International Photo Festival Leiden 2021 organises a photo contest for young people aged between 18-35 years.
STAD Leiden helps the youth realizing their ideas. Stichting Talent and Dreams, also known as STAD, is a project agency for young people with headquarters in Alkmaar, Haarlem, het Gooi, Utrecht, Leiden, Delft and Dordt.
Submissions for the photo contest start on September 1st and close at September 20th 2021 at 23:59. Photographers aged between 18-35 can submit a photo story with the theme ‘City Jungle’. A jury will decide on the winner. Participants do not need to be professional photographers.
How it works:
- Send your best photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add some tekst about the photograph (about 150 words).
- Theme: City Jungle.
- The best 15 photographs will be selected by the jury and will be exhibited in the headquarters of STAD Leiden.
- You can submit your photograph from September 1 until Monday September 20.
The theme ‘City Jungle’ is a broad concept and can be interepreted in different ways. The city of Leiden serves as a jungle of creativity. It’s bursting with energy but is an oasis of peace at the same time. Go on a hunt in the city with your camera and capture Leiden in your own unique way!
Add a word document to your submission in which you give a (short) descripton about your photograph and yourself.
- Alexander Schippers [photographer, videojournalist and photo editor at NRC]
- Pelin Tatli [editor at ANP]
- Lynne Brouwers [Visual artist – www.lynnebrouwer.com, Editorial designer at NRC, Photo editor at PS Het Parool]