The International Photo Festival Leiden offers Band Talent Leiden a stage for young talented bands to perform during the 4 weeks of the Festival.
Saturday October 11 – Opening International Photo Festival Leiden
On saturday October 11th, the band Isotope performs during the presentation of the winning photo’s on the urban screen at the Stadhuisplein. Isotope is a powertrio with very talented musicians. Their style is mainly Funk/Rock and preferably their own songs. Their compositions vary from jazzy to excursions to hard stuff. The band composed a promo song especially for the opening, Follow Your Vision.
Weekend of October 18th and 19th
For the weekend of October 18th and 19th, Band Talent made a nice selection of bands. They will perform on Saturdag October 18th (1-5 PM) and Sunday October 19th (2-5 PM) at the Stadhuisplein.
- De Jongens: The youngest musicians are De Jongens (The Boys), a fun post punk/new wave band with songs by, for example, the Soul Sister Dance Revolution. De Jongens have an excellent drum ‘n base section and an impressive lead singer.
De Jongens – A Forest (cover The Cure)
- The Breaks: The Breaks are a young band with a great love for garage rock and 60’s nostalgia! Inspired bij bands like Black Lips, Ty Segall and The Growlers, The Breaks perform full of energy.
The Breaks – Take You Home
- Kunst & Beatwerk: Kunst&Beatwerk are a powerful hip-hop band. They make their own Dutch songs. The front man is an excellent rapper with good stories and original texts.
Kunst&Beatwerk – Hiphop is liefde
- Destructive Penguins: Destructive Penguins is HipHop with an own sound and influences ranging from Zappa to raggae. The Destructive Penguins combine their own work with covers and guarantee a unique performance.
- Vacuous Me: Vacuous Me is a band in the genre Alternative rock / Stoner Rock. Their repertoire consists of own songs and is of a high level. Their songs are catchy, compact and have a distinct signature.
Vacuous Me – Nieuw Nummer Live @ Kunst in de Stal