The International Photo Festival Leiden is organised by Foundation for Talented Photographers (Stichting Talentvolle Fotografen) founded by Hans Gillis and Pierre Luiten in 2013, as a follow-up of the 90th anniversary open air exhibition of the Leiden Amateur Photography Club LAFV in 2012, of which they both are board members. This led to the idea of having a larger and professional photo festival in Leiden.
The aims of the International Photo Festival Leiden:
- To provide exposure for young international photography talents.
- To provide a platform to photography for the main public.
- Promote Leiden as as Key to discovery in general.
Members of the Board:
- Martijn van Delft (Chair)
- Ritsaert Mulderije (Treasurer)
- Caroline Rijks (Secretary)
The Board is supported by a team of volunteers:
- Evita Marchena (creative director and head programming)
- Tashelna Bodo (Designer)
- Andrea Langendoen (sponsoring and partners)
- Rimke Lammerink (press and communication)
- Bianca Filius (online editor)
- Sjoerd Kleijheeg (webmaster)
- Annegien Lucas (spcial media)
- Joost Wensveen (production)
- Frans Wiersma (production and audio visual)
Committee of Recommendation
The following people support the Foundation for Talented Photographers in its goals:
- Ruud Visschedijk, director of the Netherlands Photo Museum, Rotterdam
- Prof. dr. C.J.M. (Kitty) Zijlmans, professor for Art History (Modern Fine Arts), Leiden University
- Sandra Smallenburg, editor for fine arts at the Dutch newspaper NRC Handelsblad
- Koen Hauser, artist and owner of the honorary title ´national photographer of the Netherlands´ 2014
- Alexander Pechtold, Dutch politician. Party leader and parliamentary group leader of the Democrats 66 (D66) party, former municipal executive councillor for Sports and Culture in the Leiden City Council.
- Erik Kessels, creative director of the Amsterdam-based communication agency KesselsKramer, photography collector and curator.
- Jimmy Nelson, photographer and global citizen.
- Vincent Mentzel, photographer.
See also the letter of recommendation by Leiden Councillor Robert Strijk (juni 23, 2014).
The Foundation for Talented Photographers is a registered trade mark at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce, RSIN / KvKnummer 852869538.