The 3rd edition of the International Photo Festival Leiden will take place from October 10 – 31, 2015.
Submission is closed.
The International Photo Festival Leiden offers a yearly stage to new photographers in Europe. Have you graduated in the past 5 years (BA and/or MA) from an art school or photography-related programme? Subscribe now and have the opportunity to a range of publicity!
Please also read our full terms and conditions for participation (pdf):
- Submission is closed.
- Participants should be graduated with a BA and/or MA from an art school or photography-related programme, with a graduation date between January 1, 2010 and August 31, 2015.
- Please submit:
- 4 photos (low-res jpg’s, max. 3 MB per photo). This can be a either a series or individual photos that can be presented as a series (in mutual agreement).
- A description of the photos or series (max. 3000 characters, in English).
- If you are selected for the festival, you can be asked to submit more photos, to a maximum of 10. So please be prepared for that.
- A financial contribution to the festival of €10.*
* The festival is a not-for-profit organistation, solely created by volunteers who are devoted to organise a great festival. With this €10, you support the festival and make sure it can continue delivering the quality intended (both nationally and internationally). Read what the festival can do for you and your career if you are selected.
Please transfer your contribution within 1 week of submission. Your submission is not final until we have received the contribution. You will not be refunded in case of withdrawal or disqualification. Please read our full conditions!
– BIC code INGBNL2A.
– IBAN NL89 INGB 0000 6526 83 in the name of Stichting Talentvolle Fotografen, stating ‘Contribution + [name]’.
An independent international professional jury will judge the submissions and select 20 photographers. Among these 20, one overall winner will be chosen, who will receive a reward of € 1.000. All of the 20 selected photographers will receive the following publicity:
- Exhibition of your 4 photos on billboards at one of our beautiful locations in the historical city of Leiden (Stadhuisplein, Hooglandse Kerkgracht en Nieuwstraat) during the festival. The billboards will be real eyecatchers at these busy squares.
- A wider exhibition in an indoors venue that has to be determined.
- Your work will be shown on the Urban Screen in front of the city hall at the Stadhuisplein.
- The International Photo Festival Leiden will publish a festival guide with the exhibited photos.
- And to crown it all, you work will be shown at Photoville (Brooklyn NY, sept 2015)! Thanks to a special exchange programme, the IPFL has it’s own sea container at this festival.
- Publication in national and international press.
The 20 photographers selected by the jury will be notified around July 1st. The winner will be announced at the opening of the festival.
If you belong to the selection, you will have to hand in (within 2 weeks after notification):
- Your full-size photo files (jpg, 300 dpi, longest side 27 cm)
- Additional photos for the indoor exhibition (also full size)
- Your resume.
For more information, you can contact us.